How to Open a Bank Account in Philippines. Philippines is a country with many foreigners who come across many countries. As one of the interesting countries, many expatriates decide to stay here either for business or for doing jobs. Therefore, it is no wonder that most of these expatriates decide to open a bank account in the country. However, it is sometimes not pretty clear how to open a bank account in the Philippines. While actually, it is not a difficult thing to perform.
See Video How To Easily Send Money Overseas
Many local banks allow a foreigner to open a bank account in the Philippines. Therefore, it will not be difficult to get a suitable local bank to keep an account and savings. So that all the daily financial transactions can be performed very well without issues.
For more information, related to the necessary documents to open a bank account, including the general steps to open the account in fasten way, the following paragraphs will help to give more overview.
The Importance of Open a Bank Account in the Philippines
Whenever you plan to move to another country, preparing necessary things is important to perform. Such as planning to open a new bank account with a local bank of the country. The same way when you decide to stay in the Philippines for some years. It will be necessary to switch your account to a local bank.
There are various advantages to get if you decide to open a bank account in the local place. You will be able to get the following benefits in advance:
• Lower fee for any financial transaction and activities. No need to pay any fee when withdrawing any money. No worry of any charge when you receive payment or pay anyone of any institution.
• No currency rate applied. By using a local bank, it means that you will transfer your money into local currency in advance and then after that, you can freely perform all financial transactions in local currency too. Therefore, anytime you make a transaction, you don’t have to worry about the currency rate at that time.
• A local bank account can also help you to get a local debit card and credit card. This will help you to easily withdraw money anywhere and anytime. Not to mention that most of the local bank provides many ATMs all over the country. So that you can easily find the ATM and perform withdrawal more easily.
Necessary Documents to be Provided
Whenever you decide to open a bank account in the Philippines, then you need to make sure that you have provided all necessary documents. Generally, most of the common local banks in the Philippines will ask you for several supporting documents such as listed in the following.
• A passport is the most important document to provide when a foreigner plan to open a bank account. This can be a benefit to help the bank match the personal data with the data written inside the passport.
• Visa, it is also important to give an overview on how long you will stay in the country. It also gives an explanation of whether you are in the Philippines for business, for a job assignment, or for studying.
• Immigration documents to give an overview of your stay permit legality.
• Photographs, some of the local banks in the Philippines will ask for a recent photograph for their needs for administration purposes.
General Steps to Open a Bank Account in Philippines
Once you compile all necessary documents to support you on open a bank account in a local bank, then you can go further to start all the necessary steps to get a new bank account.
In the Philippines, the local bank will offer an online and offline approach to creating a new bank account. However, the online approach mostly only provided for Philippines citizens. While for foreigners, it is suggested to apply offline and directly come to the bank offices.
Send Money Easily to Different Countries
It is not difficult to apply for a new bank account. Simply find the officer and let them guide you to fill the necessary form as needed.
Make sure to fill the form according to your legal personal data written in the passport and Visa. So that it can help an easier way to confirm your data to be put in the bank system.
Once you finish the form, you will require to show the supporting documents. You can show them the original documents for information, and then pass a copy to the bank to keep it as part of the administration process.
After all those important things perform rightly, the officer will start to input your data and create the account. Next, you have to make sufficient deposits as requested and then your bank account can be activated.
Those are all some information about how to open a bank account in the Philippines. By doing the above instruction and guides, it can help you to get a new bank account with a local bank in the Philippines. So that your daily financial transaction will be easier and faster.
No need to worry on withdraw money with local currency, no need to worry on pay anything in the local store or market. With a bank account in the Philippines local bank, you will be able to do your daily activities without problems.